Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day Race... Bloody Mess...


Today on Father's Day I decided to partly celebrate by running the Father's Day Fight Against Prostate Cancer 5 Mile race in Central Park. Conditions at race time 8:30 AM were warm and humid (very nasty). It was so nasty that we were warned several times to make sure not to push ourselves to hard and if we felt ill to stop and seek medical attention from one of the many emergency personnel along the race route. I have to admit that this being only the third race of my comeback the repeated warnings made me doubt that I could have a strong race. So the race started and I pushed hard and I was able to perform better than I expected. I survived with a time of 32:33 for a 6:31 minute pace. However I was a bloody mess at the end (see pics above). The red on the white section of my bib and shirt is not shirt dye.

No comments: