Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Injury Free Running...

Speaking about staying injury free. I hate to stretch before a run. I hate to stretch after a run. I hate to stretch at any time. Despite my hate of stretching I have stayed injury free during the few thousand miles I have logged since I first put on the sneaks to run along the East River of NYC eleven years ago. That time is coming to an end. A couple nights ago, while running in Central Park and making some mile splits reminiscent of those of my peak running era, I felt a sharp pain on my left thigh near the groin area. I kept running since it was no time to stop in the creepiness of the dark park. I had pulled my groin on that side. I was fortunate that two days of rest was all it took, but lesson learned. I shall not run in the park when its creepy out just in case I get injured. Seriously I will start to do some stretching.

No comments: