Monday, January 21, 2008

Go Giants....

Probably the only thing in common between football and long distance running (as far as sports go) is that they both involve "running". For example your typical long distance runner tends to be lean and football players, well you know they are a different body type. I guess it is possible to run into a long distance runner who happens to be the size of a football player, but I think you'll have a better chance of running into one of the fabled NYC sewer crocodiles while running cross town on 72nd Street on the way to Central Park.

I had the pleasure of enjoying both sports yesterday evening. Most of my running since I started this blog has been on the treadmill. One reason has been avoiding the winter weather outside (getting back into running shape is already enough of a challenge), but the most important reason is that it is easier for me to work running on a treadmill into my hectic schedule. In any case as most of you know, yesterday the New York Giants played the Green Bay Packers for the NFC Championship and the right to face the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl. If you watched it, you know that it was one exciting game with a nail biting finish. I was able to enjoy the second half and the overtime ending while jogging on the treadmill. I was huffing and groaning more about the game than I did about the run. In fact I was so fixated with the game with the hope the Giants would pull the upset that I forgot I was running on the treadmill at all, in fact I started to imagine that I was in the game carrying the football in a break-out run to a Giants touchdown. Go Giants...

No comments: