Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Old Records Erased... New Records Made

It seems like decades ago (7 years ago actually) when I was a member of the New York Roadrunners Club ("NYRRC") and of the Central Park Track Club. I used to race all the time. You could find me almost every weekend running @ anything from a 5K in Central Park to one of the half-marathon races in one of New York City's boroughs. And I was fast too (for a complete amateur). I used to routinely place in the top 10% in my age group. That history is gone. My personal records no longer exist and can no longer be retrieved. When I first thought of it, I was like this sucks. When I think of the blood (runner's bleeding nipple syndrome) and sweat I put in to all those races, it is unfortunate that is all gone. But then I came to surprising realization I can do it all over again. I get set new records and see the gradual improvement in my racing times, without agonizing with comparisons to myself from years ago. So I have rejoined the NYRRC and I plan to make my racing debut in about 4 weeks, so stay tuned.

No comments: