Saturday, January 12, 2008

Six or Seven in Orlando




I went for a run during my second day in Orlando, Florida attending the National Sales Meeting of the Company I work for. It is one crazy event. We have had videos of major sales executives of the Company a la NBC's "The Office"; an Aretha Franklin impersonator singing a variation of the song "Think" to the Company's name, and our CEO dressed as Snow White (we are near the Magic Kingdom after all).

But back to the run; it was hell. I've got a lot of work to do before I'm ready to run a marathon. One step at a time I suppose. I think I ran about Six Miles or maybe it was Seven. It is hard to tell. It was rather warm and humid at least compared to what I am used to this time of the year (forgot to mention I live in NYC) and I think I blacked out at some point half way during the run. It happens. I ran a one mile loop at the hotel grounds near the golf course. Almost got hit by a golf ball but at least was not eaten by any gators (are there any in Orlando).

No comments: