Sunday, January 13, 2008

Risk of Bed Bugs in Orlando

So last night was the Company's big award ceremony for the sales force; it was done Hollywood style (literally). It featured celebrity impersonators and even Oscar style acceptance speeches. The evening culminated with a party with a big band, martini and margarita stations and great food. Of course since it is not my style to dance and because I did not know that many people among the 1300 there, I spent the evening observing others get crazy on the dance floor. So even though this trip has been very interesting, I am ready to go home.

So I changed my flight and canceled the remaining two days on my hotel, left for the airport but luck was not on my side. There is a Nor'easter storm heading to New England and on a preemptive strike Delta has cancelled all its flights to the area (even though the storm is not expected until after midnight). They of course failed to send me a notification so I canceled my stay at a clean and comfortable hotel and I am now spending one night at a bed bug ridden airport hotel.

I missed a day of running today and miss another day tomorrow. Well I have to take advantage of the opportunities to run when they present themselves. Hopefully I'll get back on track on Tuesday.

No comments: