Saturday, February 2, 2008

Training Update 1

When I started this blog less than a month ago I was running maybe an average of 10-12 miles per week and at best had been averaging that kind mileage for only a few weeks prior. Before that it is safe to say that my entire mileage for all of 2007 was at most 40 miles. Since my first post on this blog I have run a total of 89.9 miles or by another metric I have run 12 hours 7 minutes and 5 seconds. I have run at least 5 miles a day for 14 of the last 17 days. I have updated the most important piece of running equipment. I have retired my old Nike running shoes (probably had 300 miles on them) and started running on a brand new pair of Brooks Axiom 2 shoes. Finally I expect to incorporate long runs to my weekly training starting next weekend with a goal of participating in my first road race in 3.5 years by the end February.

No comments: